Protect Your Family from 一氧化碳 Poisoning
- Have your home heating systems (including chimneys and vents) inspected and serviced annually by a trained service technician.
- Never use portable generators inside homes or garages, even if doors and windows are open. 使用 generators outside only, far away from the home.
- Never bring a charcoal grill into the house for heating or cooking. 不要在车库里烧烤.
- Never use a gas range or oven for heating.
- Open the fireplace damper before lighting a fire and keep it open until the ashes are cool. An open damper may help prevent the build-up of poisonous gases inside the home.
- Install battery-operated CO alarms or CO alarms with battery backup in your home outside separate sleeping areas.
- Know the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning: headache, 头晕, 弱点, 恶心想吐, 呕吐, 睡意, 和混乱. If you suspect CO poisoning, get outside to fresh air immediately, and then call 911.
Know the 症状 of CO Poisoning
因为CO是无味的, 无色, and otherwise undetectable to the human senses, people may not know that they are being exposed. The initial symptoms of low to moderate CO poisoning are similar to the flu (but without the fever). 它们包括:
High-level CO poisoning results in progressively more severe symptoms, including:
Symptom severity is related to both the CO level and the duration of exposure. For slowly developing residential CO problems, occupants and/or physicians can mistake mild to moderate CO poisoning symptoms for the flu, which sometimes results in tragic deaths. For rapidly developing, high-level CO exposures (e.g., associated with the use of generators in residential spaces), victims can rapidly become mentally confused, and can lose muscle control without having first experienced milder symptoms; they will likely die if not rescued.
U.S. Consumer Product 安全 Commission (CPSC)